Elvis and the Creekside Gang
Check out our local celebrity Elvis the Otter and his friends as you learn more about Gainesville’s creeks!
Elvis the Otter lives in the creek. His friends the Pollution Grouch and Grandmother Moon also live along the creek. They really don’t like when they find trash floating down their precious waterways! When the Pollution Grouch finds trash as he is wading along, all of it sticks to him -he REALLY doesn’t like that! Elvis feels sad when trash ends up in his Creekside living room. How would you like it if people threw trash in your living room?! What can we do to help Elvis and his Creekside friends? Find out by watching Elvis and the Creekside Gang:
Other fun games and resources to learn about water and some of the creatures that live in our creeks:
- Visit the den of Raliegh the Otter (Elvis’ cousin)
- Try some fun water related online games by following this link!
- Watersheds: Our neighborhoods and beyond
- Macroinvertebrates – learn about these important Creek Critters by exploring their habitat
- Understand water quality through these bugs – watch this video
- Feeling the love? Learn even more about these cute critters by watching Stream Macroinvertebrates, A Love Story